Sunday, March 23, 2008

March 24, 2008 News



OUT THE DOOR AT THE LA TIMES

LA Observed passes on this memo announcing the departure of LA Times Guide editor MaryKaye Schilling. It also says "Scott Sandell will oversee the print version beginning today [last week] until a permanent replacement is named."


RECOMMENDED FOR ALL OF US PR TYPES

Check out PR pro Peter Shankman's cool and useful mailing list, "If I Can Help a Reporter Out..." I highly recommend signing up for it.

Here's his description:

I built this list because a lot of my friends are reporters, and they call me all the time for sources. Rather than go through my contact lists each time, I figured I could push the requests out to people who actually have something to say.

These requests only come from reporters directly to me. I never take queries from that other service, I never SPAM, and I'm not going to do anything with your email other than send you these reporter requests when they arrive in my in-box.


UPDATE ON TRAVEL WRITER PETER GREENBERG

From an AARP press release:

Peter Greenberg has signed on to become AARP's new travel editor at large. In addition to his current duties as the Travel Editor for NBC's Today Show, Greenberg will now also provide travel expertise and advice as well as original content to AARP's members via the organization's publications, Web site and major local and national events.