Wednesday, June 4, 2008

June 4, 2008, News



CITY BEAT CALENDAR EDITOR POSITION ELIMINATED, NEW ARTS EDITOR ADDED

This just in from (now former) Calendar Editor Alfred Lee at City Beat:
Today is my last day at L.A. CityBeat – the Calendar Editor position has been eliminated. It’s been a real pleasure working with you! I’m not sure where I’m going next, but I do plan to keep writing in L.A., so please keep in touch with me at alfredjlee [and the rest of it is at] yahoo.com.

Incoming arts editor Ron Garmon will be taking over the “7 Days in L.A.” feature, as well as other arts-related coverage. As far as calendar listings go, I don't know in what form they’ll continue, but in the meantime you can keep sending submissions to calendar [and the rest of it is at] lacitybeat.com.

Here’s my understanding of the new staff line-up [all @lacitybeat.com]:

Editor: Rebecca Schoenkopf - rebeccas
Arts Editor: Ron Garmon - rong
Film Editor: Andy Klein – andyk
Calendar listings: calendar
Alfred, goodbye and good luck!


VARIETY NOT MOVING AS OF NOW

Read somewhere that Variety was moving its offices, but I've learned that nothing is imminent. If anyone hears differently, let me know.


OUCH!

Laura Kelly at KCSN sends this:

"I’m writing on behalf of Martin Perlich to provide you with important updated parking information for guests that come to the KCSN Radio. Unfortunately, KCSN is no longer able to provide parking passes. Guests will either need to park on the street or purchase a parking pass as they enter the parking structure."


LA TIMES BUSINESS EDITOR

I'm sure you've all heard by now that the LA Times has named Sallie Hofmeister its new business editor. According to the story, "She replaces Davan Maharaj, who becomes managing editor."


MORE ALAN RICH INFO

Actually, just a correction to the info about Alan's site. According to Vanessa Butler, Alan will start his blog this week but the full web site launches in October. www.SoIveHeard.com


CHANGE AT THE ADVOCATE

LA Observed reports,

"Anne Stockwell, longtime editor-in-chief of The Advocate, is stepping down in mid June. She will be replaced by former Advocate news editor Jon Barrett."