Wednesday, August 20, 2008



GET OUT YOUR ROLODEXES

LA Observed has a memo from LA Times' Leo Wolinsky, associate editor overseeing features announcing that Millie Quan has been named to the new position of senior features editor. Take the link to read more about this plus other recent Times appointments.

Does anyone still actually use rolodexes?


TRUE TO FORM

Thanks to Leticia Buckley for passing this on from the LA Times' Shayna Sobol, who is one of the best communicators at the Times, always responsive, which is always appreciated by us PR types:

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've touched base with you. As I'm sure most of you know, there have been many changes going on at the Times and I, like everyone else, am trying to keep up with them.

I'm told that the arts coverage in print, and that includes theater and dance listings, is a topic that is still very much in discussion. However, for the time being, our print listings will only appear in Sunday Calendar. I am greatly disappointed about this but I realize, more than ever now, how important it is to embrace the Guide website. After all, it's the only sure place to see your events listed. Our staff is pretty slim, but we will make every effort to post submissions in a timely manner.

Which brings me to two reminders:

1. Please continue to submit your events to us! I know you're probably frustrated with the reduced coverage, but I'm still here and I'm still monitoring that in-box, which has seen a decrease in submissions of late. The address to get to the form is simple: latimes.com/submit

2. For review and/or feature coverage consideration, send your press releases to Lisa Fung. (I am open to receiving press releases, in addition to your events submission forms, but instead of counting on me to forward them to Lisa, it's a good idea to get them to her directly.)

I hope this note finds all of you well and working on new and exciting projects. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm looking forward to being overwhelmed with your submissions... go ahead, pile them on!

And, as always, feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns regarding the listings, the Guide site... whatever's on your mind.

All the best,
Shayna