Thursday, June 11, 2009

June 11, 2009, News



A warm shout-out to a great group of PR pros with whom I spent a lovely evening of food and conversation: Zan Dubin Scott (ZDS Communications), Lucy Pollak (Lucy Pollak Public Relations); Alison Deknatel (Operation USA's Communications Director), Judith Borne (Bourne Identities); Susan Gordon (special events and PR consulant), Allison Rawlings (Geffen Playhouse Director of Communications), Joanna Brody (Brody Public Relations), Mindy Berman (Mindy F. Berman Communications) and Alexia Haidos (DoubleA PR and Marketing).


Thanks to Leticia Rhi Buckley for passing along this news from Maryl Celiz:

As most of you know, I am no longer editor at Hoy, however, I'm going to start collaborating with a new Hispanic property called Cafe Magazine (print mag out of Chicago and website www.cafemagazine.com) and would love to begin receiving all your wonderful media alerts once again.

Please add me to your databases for anything that has to do with art/music/culture/health/film coverage. I'm currently looking for calendar events and artists/sites to feature in the email newsletter. Quirky and interesting photographs taken by latinos will also be featured. Please pass this along to anyone on your team that works with this type of content and feel free to send me information asap.

Her gmail.com address is Maryl Celiz.


KCET's Vicki Curry sent word of her layoff on Wednesday.

I'm sorry to report that after nearly 14 years with KCET, I've been laid off. It was long expected -- SoCal Connected is on hiatus and there's no other production currently happening at the station. There's a chance I'll return when SoCal Connected starts up again. But in the meantime, I'm looking forward to a brief respite and then new opportunities. I plan to continue working in television & video production but am open to all possibilities. So if you hear of anything that makes you think of me, please let me know!

It's been a pleasure working with you over the years and I hope to keep in touch. If you need to reach anyone at KCET, Val Zavala is still there…

Vicki's gmail.com address is Vicki.Curry


Love to my good friend KW.

And thanks to everyone for your support of and enthusiasm for this blog!