Monday, June 22, 2009

June 22, 2009, News



I must rectify a grevious omission from my last post when I forgot to credit my esteemed and beloved colleague Libby Huebner, aka the sainted Mrs. Johnson, for the Jazz Times tip.

Lest I err again, let me thank the similarly esteemed Lucy Pollak for passing this on:

Hi everyone

Please welcome Stephan (pronounced Steven) Horbelt as our new associate editor. We're very excited to have him on our editorial staff. His e-mail is Stephan.Horbelt [at] (frontierspublishing.com). Stephan will be writing our calendar and theater listings so please add him to your mailing lists.

Thanks,
Jeremy Kinser
Editor-in-Chief

Nikke Finke reports the departure from the Hollywood Reporter of veteran writer Ray Richmond.


Follow these LA Times CultureMonster blog arts writers on Twitter:

@KnightLAT, @HawthorneLAT, @smuchnic, @lfung, @sherrystern, @dhaithman, @charlesmcnulty, @boehmm, @markswed